If you are an accomplished Estimator with a track record of estimation of mechanical systems or electrical systems and equipment requirements in gas plants, manufacturing plants or the oil and gas sector, and you are looking for a flexible home-based position, this might be the job for you!
Why join this team?
Bredin Centre for Learning is partnering with a general contractor who specializes in equipment rentals, engineering, civil and site services, electrical, piping, mechanical and steel fabrication. They have a team of highly skilled trades people, managers, engineers and specialists, and they are looking to fill this key position for a Mechanical Estimator.
- In this key position you will be responsible for the estimation of labor hours, material cost and equipment requirements for the mechanical components of industrial projects.
Your Day to Day
- Prepare price estimates and budgets, while identifying risks and opportunities
- Conduct review of tender documents and analyze subcontractor requirements
- Work with clients or consultants regarding items that require clarification or elaboration while maintaining competitive approach to developing proposed services and solutions
- Solicit, analyze and compile pricing from subcontractors
- Develop preliminary project construction schedules and plans
- Conduct specification checks and participate in detailed estimate reviews
- Collaborate with supervisory and production staff to develop and document approach to priced proposal, including construction and project execution plans
- Lead pricing activities and submissions for assigned tenders or budgets
- Respond to post tender clarifications and participate in negotiations between submission and contract award
- Transfer knowledge acquired during the tender process to the project team during project kick-off meeting
- Support business development and other procurement efforts on an ongoing basis
The experience you bring
- Mechanical or Electrical field experience
- 2 plus years experience in a similar role in the oil and gas or plant environment
- Strong Microsoft Office skills especially in Excel
- Able to meet deadlines and provide high caliber deliverables
- Reliable, friendly and professional with a positive attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize daily tasks
- Very competitive salary and benefits package
- Opportunity for advancement
- The chance to work for a leader in the Alberta market
If you are a Bredin client and you are interested in this opportunity, please apply online as soon as possible, or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 30th. Please quote competition number BCLE00043-19 and the job title in the subject line when applying and include your Bredin Client ID number.
If you are not a Bredin client yet, please email email@example.com to find out more information on how to become a Bredin client, mentioning the competition number BCLE00043-19.
Only candidates eligible to work in Canada with required experience will be shortlisted and contacted for an in-person interview.