Licensed Practical Nurse
Are you a kind and caring individual who wants to make a difference in the life of a person? Are you looking for a job where you can be a companion to many clients and make multiple meaningful connections that empower you every day? This may be the position you are looking for!
Why Join This Team?
Bredin Centre for Learning is partnering with a homecare provider with over 200 locations in Alberta, British Columbia and Ontario. Always looking to try new things and embracing best practices through innovation, this award winning organization treats its staff like an extension of its own family. This ideology is their key to success. Currently, this homecare provider is looking to add Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs) to its family of employees.
- Providing planned, patient-oriented, goal-directed nursing care in accordance with the provincial standards of care
Your Day to Day:
- Completing and ensuring resident’s clinical care assessments, and/or service plans and documentation are accurate, up to date and changes are communicated as required
- Evaluating the effectiveness of the care/service plans and making changes as required
- Helping with scheduling resident’s care conferences and participating in
conferences where applicable
- Providing direct resident care and medication/treatment administration and document care in compliance with regulatory company standards, policies and procedures
- Planning, coordinating, managing and evaluating the resident’s care plan working with the resident/substitute decision maker, physicians, nursing and interdisciplinary team and contracted service providers
- Following and assisting the Director of Care in the coordination, implementation and monitoring of infection prevention and control, health and safety and clinical programs and quality/safety plans for the nursing department
- Completing all other duties as assigned.
The Experience You Bring:
- Current registration as a Licensed Practical Nurse in applicable province/state
- Education and experience in gerontology, rehabilitation, community/complex/long term care an asset
- Experience working with seniors will be considered an asset
- Strong written and oral communication, critical thinking, care coordination, time management and customer focus skills
- Salary is based on experience
- Hands on training and continued access to online learning system
- Self-paced work environment
- 24/7 support and scheduling from support team
- Excellent management team which encourages collaboration and values their team members
If you are a Bredin client and you are interested in this opportunity, please apply online as soon as possible, or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 29, 2019. Please quote competition number BCLE00054-19 and the job title in the subject line when applying and include your Bredin Client ID number.
If you are not a Bredin client yet, please email email@example.com to find out more information on how to become a Bredin client, mentioning the competition number BCLE00054-19.
Only candidates eligible to work in Canada with required experience will be shortlisted and contacted for an in-person interview.