Are you looking for a full-time, year-round stable position? Do you love being outdoors and are you physically fit and willing to learn? This might be the perfect opportunity for you!
Why join this team?
Bredin Centre for Learning is partnering with a landscaping and snow removal company, specializing in yard maintenance and snow removal to fill this key position for a Landscaping/Snow Removal Labourer.
- You will be assisting with cutting grass, pruning and planting in the spring and summer, and snow removal in the fall and winter.
Your Day to Day
- Cut grass, rake, fertilize and water lawns, weed gardens, prune shrubs and trees, and perform other maintenance duties as directed by the supervisor
- Spread top soil, lay sod, plant flowers, grass, shrubs and trees and perform other duties to assist with the construction of a landscape and related structures
- Operate and maintain power mowers, tractors, chain saws, electric clippers, sod cutters, pruning saws, and other landscape maintenance equipment
- Perform other manual duties to clean and maintain landscaped environments
- Proficiently and safely use snow removal equipment such as shovels, plows, snow blowers, ATV’s, skid loaders, vehicles with plow blades, and other power and manually operated tools and equipment used to perform snow removal
- Perform highly physical work outdoors on a consistent basis in all weather conditions, specifically very cold, icy, snowy weather
The experience you bring:
- Knowledge on the use of small power tools and lawn mowers
- Basic knowledge of operating commercial equipment is an asset
- Physically able to lift 60/lb
- $17/h depending on experience
- Training and access to company vehicle
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply online as soon as possible, or send your resume to email@example.com by August 22, 2019, please quote competition number BCLE00052-19 and the job title in the subject line when applying. Only candidate’s eligible to work in Canada with required experience will be shortlisted and contacted for an in-person interview.
Only candidates eligible to work in Canada with required experience will be shortlisted and contacted for an in-person interview.