Would you like to be part of a business that has become one of North America’s leading hydrovac service providers?
Why join this team?
Bredin Centre for Learning, in partnership with a hydro-excavation employer who is a leader in providing cost effective excavating solutions, is looking for a hard-working employee who thrives in a fast-paced environment. This stable and well-known company is looking for a full time Hydrovac Swamper to join a high performing team.
Based out of their Nisku location, you will be responsible for working at a variety of sites throughout the area assisting the driver operate hydrovac trucks and equipment in a safe and professional manner.
Your Day to Day
- Responsible for the successful completion of hydro-excavation projects including utility line exposure, debris removal, slot trenching and digging
- Helping the driver with pre/post trip inspections
- Keeping units clean after all jobs
- Ensuring all required safety equipment is in unit prior to job start
- Helping secure loads as per direction of the operator/driver
- Helping set up and inspect grounding and/or bonding procedures for hydrovac operation
- Any other duties as per driver and/or dispatcher
The experience you bring:
- Must possess the following safety certificates: H2S Alive, Standard First Aid with CPR, CSTS-09, and Ground Disturbance level 2
- Driver’s class 5 and reliable transportation as location is not accessible by transit
- Fluent in understanding spoken English and in reading and speaking English
- High School diploma
- Wear proper PPE on job sites and ensure Swampers under your direction are in compliance
- Ability to follow instructions and complete tasks
- Strong safety mindset and conduct
- Positive work attitude
- Dependable and reliable
- Hourly starting wage of $20.00/hour
- Benefits after 90 worked days
- Employer training provided
- Great team environment
If you are a Bredin client and you are interested in this opportunity, please apply online as soon as possible, or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 30th. Please quote competition number BCLE00041-19 and the job title in the subject line when applying and include your Bredin Client ID number.
If you are not a Bredin client yet, please email email@example.com to find out more information on how to become a Bredin client, mentioning the competition number BCLE00042-19.
Only candidates eligible to work in Canada with required experience will be shortlisted and contacted for an in-person interview.