Do you enjoy cleaning, tidying and decorating? Would your dream job be one in which you would be responsible for upkeep of rooms providing a 5 star experience to customers? This opportunity might be the right one for you!
Why Join This Team?
Bredin Centre for Learning is partnering with a reputable chain of hotels committed to empowering its guests to enhance their well-being while they are travelling. This employer believes in experiences and ensuring service that will help its customers be the best version of themselves. To make this happen, they are looking for part-time housekeepers who illustrate customer service in their every action.
As a housekeeper you will use your knack for attention to detail and willingness to exceed expectations in cleanliness and to leave a lasting impression on the high-end clientele for the organization.
Your Day to Day:
- Adhere to cleaning procedures and instructions for use of cleaning agents
- Strip beds and make beds, changing bed linens, which may require lifting bedspreads weighing a maximum of 50 pounds
- Dust all furniture, pictures, drawers, window ledges and shelves thoroughly
- Push and pull vacuum throughout entire room and empty trash
- Replenish amenities, linens and supplies in guest room
- Maneuver and restock heavy cleaning cart
- Visually inspect room for cleanliness and appearance and document task completion
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on call
- Sign for room keys and perform any other job related duties as assigned
The Experience You Bring:
- High School Diploma
- 1 year of experience working in a similar setting as a housekeeper or light duty cleaner
- Knowledge of chemical cleaning agents and operation of various cleaning equipment
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences such as supervisors, coworkers and customers
- Physical endurance and the ability to push and/or pull equipment weighing up to 100 lbs. with or without reasonable accommodation
- Your willingness to take initiative, “pitch-in” and help coworkers when required to meet team goals
- Your ability to follow instructions
- Starting wage of $17.50
- Diverse team; great place to start for newcomers to the industry or Canada
- Flexible shifts amounting to 28 hours or more per week
- Bus accessible location in the heart of downtown
- Training opportunity to work with high-end hotel chain with opportunity for growth
- Attractive staff discounts and frequent staff acknowledgment and recognition events
If you are a Bredin client and you are interested in this opportunity, please apply online as soon as possible, or send your resume to email@example.com by July 5, 2019. Please quote competition number BCLE00044-19 and the job title in the subject line when applying and include your Bredin Client ID number
If you are not a Bredin client yet, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more information on how to become a Bredin client, mentioning the competition number BCLE00044-19
Only candidates eligible to work in Canada with required experience will be shortlisted and contacted for an in-person interview.