Health Care Aid
Are you a kind and caring individual who wants to make a difference in the life of a senior? Are you looking for a job where you can be a companion, positive influence and means of support for someone? This may be the position you are looking for!
Why Join This Team?
Bredin Centre for Learning is partnering with a homecare provider with over 150 locations. Whether it be 24/7 support and scheduling for its employees, or providing around the clock care for its clients, this employer goes beyond just homecare, providing companionship and dependability. Currently this homecare provider is looking to add a Health Care Aid to its family of employees.
- Providing support to clients in their daily activities with the help of your experience and compassionate personality
Your Day to Day:
- Looking after client’s personal hygiene, dressing, bathing, feeding and other daily tasks according to the care plan
- Helping with general light housekeeping
- Working with the health care team like LPN’s and RN’s in following the care plan
- Observing and reporting on client condition
- Keeping up with in-service training
- Other duties assigned
The Experience You Bring:
- Diploma/Certificate from a recognized provincial Health Care Aide program
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to recognize, interpret and respond to non-verbal cues
- Strong time management and advocacy skills
- Ability to multi-task and exercise good judgement
- Strong problem-solving skills with ability to collaborate as part of a team
- Awareness of the importance of personal wellness as it relates to senior care
- A valid driver’s license and vehicle is an asset
- Ability to move 20-25 kg
- Willingness to learn and ability to learn fast
- Ability to follow instructions
- $20/h depending on experience
- Hands on training and continued access to online learning system
- Flexibility of building own schedule
- 24/7 support and scheduling from team
- Longer client visits with quality time for both clients and you
If you are a Bredin client and you are interested in this opportunity, please apply online as soon as possible, or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 20, 2019. Please quote competition number BCLE00050-19 and the job title in the subject line when applying and include your Bredin Client ID number.
If you are not a Bredin client yet, please email email@example.com to find out more information on how to become a Bredin client, mentioning the competition number BCLE00050-19.
Only candidates eligible to work in Canada with required experience will be shortlisted and contacted for an in-person interview.