Are you looking for a full-time summer position where you can use your experience in the construction industry? Do you love being outdoors, are you physically fit and have reliable transportation? This might be the perfect opportunity for you!
Why join this team?
Bredin Centre for Learning is partnering with a commercial construction company, specializing in deck demolition and construction to fill this key position for a Construction Laborer.
You will be assisting with the demolition of wooden decks and the construction of vinyl decks.
Your Day to Day
- Load and unload construction materials
- Move materials to work areas
- Dismantle and demolish wooden decks as required
- Assist trades people like carpenters in assigned construction activities
- Level earth to fine grade specifications using a rake and shovel
- Remove rubble and other debris at construction sites
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Steel toed boots and own transportation required
The experience you bring:
- 1- 2 years of general labor experience
- Basic knowledge of commercial construction and remodeling
- Physically able to lift 60 lb
- Ability to work independently
- $15/h depending on experience
- Training and the chance to become a lead hand
If you are a Bredin client and you are interested in this opportunity, please apply online as soon as possible, or send your resume to email@example.com by May 15, 2019. Please quote competition number BCLE00036-19 and the job title in the subject line when applying and include your Bredin Client ID number.
If you are not a Bredin client yet, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more information on how to become a Bredin client, mentioning the competition number BCLE00036-19.