Are you looking to join a team that values your energy and talents, offers multiple career paths, and provides you with continuous development opportunities? Would you like to work in an environment that values soft skills as much as previous work experience? This may be the job for you!
Why join this team?
Led by visionary men and women who have embraced each business opportunity with the drive for success, this organization operates more than 220 stores across Canada under 8 different subsidiaries. Currently they are seeking an enthusiastic and versatile Accountant to join their dynamic team.
- Performing a variety tasks, including general accounting, account reconciliation, budgeting, bonus calculation and performance reporting in a fast-pace environment that will challenge your multitasking and organizational skills
- Working with 400 different leases
- Timely and accurate completion of CAM reconciliations and ad hoc invoicing
- Building and maintaining strong working relationships with business unit leaders and landlords
Your Day to Day:
- Prepare month end journal entries and account reconciliations
- Create financial reports and presentations
- Maintain and validate schedules with the latest internal and external information to ensure accuracy
- Create various forecasts and reports (Rent Roll, Lease Summary, Taxes)
- Compile and interpret data from multiple databases (Oracle, Essbase, Cognos BI, etc.)
- Ad- hoc projects & analysis as requested by management
The Experience You Bring:
- Combination of analytical experience coupled with a post-secondary education in accounting or finance
- Real estate accounting experience is an asset but not required
- Working towards a professional accounting designation (an asset but not required)
- Knowledge of Oracle and Essbase is an asset
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office programs; Advanced knowledge of Excel would be an asset to analyze data and develop and maintain robust financial models
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to excel in a fast paced, fluid working environment
- Proven ability to manage a wide variety of assignments at once and manage competing deadlines
- Experience interacting across different levels of an organization
- Flexible “employer–paid” benefits including health, dental and paramedical services
- $45,000 to $55,000; salary based on experience
- Career progression program, paid training and access to free personal development training through the company-owned university
- Employee discounts & personal “paid” days off
- Fitness facility open 7 days a week
- Recognition, incentives, prizes and giveaways!
If you are a Bredin client and you are interested in this opportunity, please apply online as soon as possible, or send your resume to email@example.com by July,19, 2019. Please quote competition number BCLE00023-19 and the job title in the subject line when applying and include your Bredin Client ID number.
If you are not a Bredin client yet, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more information on how to become a Bredin client, mentioning the competition number BCLE00048-19.
Only candidates eligible to work in Canada with required experience will be shortlisted and contacted for an in-person interview.