Program Coordinator – Red Deer
Regional Manager – Red Deer
- Ensure the day to day operation of the program is running smoothly.
- Cooperatively with the client, develop an individualized service plan.
- Interact with clients continuously so that service plan progress can be monitored.
- Revisit the service plan with the clients and complete any required adjustments to complete their service plan.
- Ensure the clients have access to the required supports.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of programs and services available for clients.
- Provide referrals to various support agencies in the community.
- Liaise with and promote the program to government and community organizations.
- Set up and Monitor Work Experience, mentoring , job shadows , etc..
- Marketing, promotion and direct placement of clients to employer contacts
- Continually establish new contacts with employers in the public and private sector
- Work closely with all team members, staff and clients.
- Supervise the daily operation of the program, addressing issues and concerns in a timely and professional manner
- Ensure program operates within its contracted guidelines
- Post secondary education in career development, social services or related field.
- Current knowledge of labour market and employment marketing tools.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation, mediation skills and the ability to work effectively with a diverse client population.
- Energetic, self directed and is familiar with issues faced by newcomers.
- Knowledge of community support agencies as they relate to immigrants/newcomers.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work with a diverse client population.
- Flexible, works well as a team member.
- Excellent communication and marketing skills.
- Demonstrated success with client placement, job maintenance and follow up.
- Have a clear criminal record check, vulnerable sector search and clean driving record.
Job Type: Full-time