Bredin Centre for Learning is looking for an awesome Accountant to join our team! Responsible for the planning and analysis of financial information to support decision-making, we are looking for someone who will support financial operations throughout our organization!
What are the main responsibilities of this role?
- Calculate, prepare, code, batch, enter, verify, reconcile transactions such as invoices, cheque requisitions, bank statements, issue documents related to accounts in Sage
- Ensure all accounts payables and receivables are completed accurately and in a timely manner
- Prepare reports that outline Bredin’s financial position in the areas of income, expense, and earnings based on past, present, and future operations; prepare cost statements or reports
- Control disbursement of petty cash funds
- Work closely with funders and Bredin management with budget responsibilities in all aspects of financial management
- Provide back up support to payroll and benefits administration
What requirements are we looking for from you?
- Post-Secondary education in Accounting or a related field is required
- A minimum of 8 years of experience with all accounting, budget, and reporting procedures is required
- Experience in the non-profit sector is considered an asset
- Expertise in Excel, Sage or any related databases
- A thorough understanding of FOIP, PIPA, and Canadian tax laws
- Exemplary oral and written communication skills
- Strong critical thinking, logical analysis and problem-solving skills
- Ability to shine both individually and on a team
Job Type: Full-time
Interested in applying? Send your cover-letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org!