Main Responsibilities & Duties
- contracted guidelines
- Establish a rapport with community agencies, government, regulatory bodies and industry to achieve the program’s goals and objectives.
- Evaluate expenditures according to budget constraints before submitting for approval
- Evaluate all requests for client expenses and ensure receipts are submitted.
- Conduct initial screening interviews of potential staff
- Train new staff adequately and appropriately for their position
- Provide continuous feedback to staff regarding performance concerns and excellence
- Complete staff performance reviews at specific increments
- Approve curriculum and program materials
- Ensure all monthly narratives and statistical reports are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Assist staff when required and provide staff coverage in all program areas (duties of other staff when absent)
- Manage and promote cultural diversity amongst the program and its staff.
- Plan, host and implement career fairs, and other client/guest related gatherings events through the year.
Education & Skills
- Post secondary education in Adult Education, Career Counselling, Human Services, or related fields
- Excellent communication, negotiation and marketing skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Knowledge of issues facing clients as they relate to employment and training needs
- Understanding of trends in the greater Red Deer labour market
- Demonstrated success in developing relationships with community partners
- Creativity, initiative, good judgment, and the ability to express thoughts clearly and simply are essential
- Computer competency in Microsoft Office applications
- Full Time
- Program Management: 2 years