Program Coordinator – Line Cook Program
Regional Manager – Red Deer
· Ensure the day to day operation of the program is running smoothly.
· Cooperatively with the client, develop an individualized service plan.
· Interact with clients continuously so that service plan progress can be monitored.
· Revisit the service plan with the clients and complete any required adjustments to complete their service plan.
· Ensure the clients have access to the required supports.
· Develop and maintain knowledge of programs and services available for clients.
· Provide referrals to various support agencies in the community.
· Liaise with and promote the program to government and community organizations.
· Set up and Monitor Work Experience, mentoring , job shadows , etc..
· Marketing, promotion and direct placement of clients to employer contacts
· Continually establish new contacts with employers in the public and private sector
· Work closely with all team members, staff and clients.
· Supervise the daily operation of the program, addressing issues and concerns in a timely and professional manner
· Ensure program operates within its contracted guidelines
· Post secondary education in career development, social services or related field.
· Current knowledge of labour market and employment marketing tools.
· Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation, mediation skills and the ability to work effectively with a diverse client population.
· Energetic, self directed and is familiar with issues faced by newcomers.
· Knowledge of community support agencies as they relate to immigrants/newcomers.
· Strong communication skills and the ability to work with a diverse client population.
· Flexible, works well as a team member.
· Excellent communication and marketing skills.
· Demonstrated success with client placement, job maintenance and follow up.
· Have a clear criminal record check, vulnerable sector search and clean driving record.