Help with Licensure RecognitionOur no cost program will help you understand and successfully move through the licensure and credential process in Canada. If you are not part of a regulated profession we will provide you up-to-date information of your profession. Bredin staff will support you through the process and assist you find employment that is directly related to your education.
Steps in our process
- You call us at 780-425-3730 and ask for our Licensure Recognition program to setup a meeting.
- When you come to Bredin you will meet with a staff person who will work with you to understand what you have done to date to obtain employment and/or licensure.
- Together with a Bredin staff person a plan of action will be developed on what services, seminars, workshops, courses, etc. you will take at Bredin.
- You will work closely with staff to prepare to take licensure exams, attend study groups, obtain employment, etc.
- Once you are ready to look for employment we will assist you with your resume, interview skills, cover letter and job search skills.
- When you get employed we will continue to support you with any issues you may encounter on the job.
What we do to help you
- We understand the process for licensure recognition and can help you though it.
- We offer guest speakers, study groups, career coaching and comprehensive guidance for writing your licensure examinations.
- Occupation-specific information sessions and seminars on professions and trades.
- Counselling on transferring professional skills and knowledge to Canadian industries.
- Provide help on what to do when there is limited financial resources available to pay for credential evaluations, exposure courses, phone calls, and faxing.
- Review your current resumes and provide expert advice on refining it for your best potential employer.
- Spend time with you to create a job search plan.
- Provide introductions to jobs that are advertised mostly by word of mouth.
- Provide you with coaching on interviewing to help you get the job.
- Networking opportunities with individuals of similar occupational background
- Post-employment follow-up including job maintenance support and integration into the Canadian workplace.
- Formalized on-the-job and internship training placements are available for clients lacking in Canadian experience. Placements are monitored closely to ensure responsibilities and expectations are clear prior to starting and throughout the contract.
To get started
- To enroll in our program you will need to call 780-425-3730 and make an appointment to meet with staff.
- Please bring copies of your immigration papers, credentials, resume and cover letter.
- Sorting: Highest Rated
- Most Commented