Help getting Employment in Alberta
Our Supported Work Search Programs give you guided assistance from Employment Counselors and our Employment Developer. We can guide you through your job search and teach you how to write a professional resume, perform well at interviews, job search effectively, develop your network and maintain employment. We can also help you connect to employers.
Steps in our process
- Contact us at the office closest to you.
- When you call we will take your contact information and provide you with a date and time to come meet with one of our Settlement Counsellors.
- When you meet with our staff, they will explain what we can offer
you and for any needs we cannot help you with, we will provide
you referrals to community resources that can.
Career Assistance overview
- We offer Job Search and Employment Preparation workshops for you to discover your unique talents, interests, beliefs and motivators.
- We also offer work exploration activities such as Computerized Individual Career Assessment tools to assist you in your career path.
Our Work Search programs provides
- Help writing your resume to make sure it meets Canadian writing style and format needs.
- Workshops for practicing being interviewed.
- Help gaining access to jobs that are advertised more word to mouth or through personal contact networks.
- Provide an overview for the steps and action in the job search process.
- Work with potential employers to find ways to deal with a lack of Canadian work experience.
- Provide workplace training.
- We offer high speed Internet access, use of our phones, faxing and postage.
- A place where people can help with your daily job search.
- Support and encouragement from our experienced staff through out the entire process.
To get started
- You must have a valid Social Insurance Number and/or a Permanent Resident of Canada.
- Please bring a copy of your immigration papers and resume if you have one.
- Contact us at the office closest to you or fill out the contact form below.