Centre for Skilled and Internationally Trained Professionals
Our no cost program will help
you understand and successfully move through the licensure and
credential process in Canada. If you are not part of a regulated
profession we will provide you up-to-date information of your
profession. Bredin staff will support you through the process and
assist you with finding employment that is directly related to your education.
What we do to help you
- We understand the process for licensure recognition and can help you though it.
- We offer guest speakers, study groups, career coaching and comprehensive guidance for writing your licensure examinations.
- Occupation-specific information sessions and seminars on professions and trades.
- Counselling on transferring professional skills and knowledge to Canadian industries.
- Provide help on what to do when there is limited financial resources
available to pay for credential evaluations, exposure courses, phone
calls, and faxing.
- Review your current resumes and provide expert advice on refining it for your best potential employer.
- Spend time with you to create a job search plan.
- Provide introductions to jobs that are advertised mostly by word of mouth.
- Provide you with coaching on interviewing to help you get the job.
- Networking opportunities with individuals of similar occupational background
- Post-employment follow-up including job maintenance support and integration into the Canadian workplace.
- Formalized on-the-job and internship training placements are
available for clients lacking in Canadian experience. Placements are
monitored closely to ensure responsibilities and expectations are clear
prior to starting and throughout the contract.
To become a client
- Click us to set up an appointment: 780-425-3730.
- At this meeting you MUST bring all of the following documents:
- Proof of Canadian citizenship (Citizenship Card, PR Card, or Refugee confirmation letter with favourable decision with Work Permit)
- Social Insurance Number (SIN) card or letter
- Original Degree or Diploma from outside of Canada - if the original is not in English, you need to have a certified translated copy as well
- Up-to-date Resume
- English Language assessment Results
- When you come to Bredin, you will meet with a Career Coach who will work with you to understand what you have done to date to obtain employment and/or licensure.
- Eligible clients will work together with a Bredin Career Coach on developing a plan of action to determine what services, seminars, workshops, courses, etc. you will take at Bredin.
- You will work closely with staff to prepare to take licensure exams, attend study groups, obtain employment, etc.
- Once you are ready to look for employment, we will assist you with your resume, interview skills, cover letter and job search skills.
- When you get employed we will continue to support you with any issues you may encounter on the job.
- Sorting: Most Commented
- Least Commented