This position is for the PATH Program (Program to Assist the Homeless)
- Deliver program overview to potential clients, as well as other interested parties.
- Provide referral information on other services that may be more suitable for the client.
- Cooperatively with the client, develop an individualized service plan.
- Interact with participants on a continuous basis so that the Service Plan progress can be monitored throughout the program and into the follow up period
- Ensure that participants have access to the required supports to successfully complete their Service/Employment Plan
- Assist clients in maintaining a job or in identifying barriers/issues that keep clients from obtaining/maintaining employment
- Assist individuals and families to find/secure housing
- Assist with housing
- Complete participant reviews with the participants
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager/coordinator
- Update clients files on ETO
Conditions of Employment
- Energetic, self-directed and is familiar with issues faced by the unemployed & homeless.
- Post-Secondary education in career development or related fields.
- Knowledge of community support agencies and Red Deer labour market.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work with a diverse client population.
- Flexible, works well as a team member.
- Excellent communication and marketing skills.
- Demonstrated success with client intake, job maintenance and completing client follow ups.
Local candidates only:
- Red Deer, AB
- Bachelor's Degree