Career And Employment Coach
Do you enjoy being that point of contact for clients and employers alike and have a solution focused attitude? Do you have a great ability to work with a diverse group of clients and establish rapport quickly? Do you want a career where you can leverage your past human services experience, make new connections and make a difference in the local community? This is an amazing opportunity that will offer all that and much more!
Bredin Employment Centre is a non-profit, government-funded program within Bredin Centre for Learning that provides services tailored to meet the individual needs of our clientele. This program assists clients with various skill levels such as Semi Skilled Job Seekers, Professional Job Seekers and Career Changers to better equip them to participate more fully in the workforce and community at large. Our program is designed to develop strategies and enable unemployed and underemployed Albertans to work towards and succeed in achieving their employment goals.
All of these services are provided at no cost to our clients to support them in attaining employment matching with their education and experience.
What our Career and Employment Coach focus on:
A Career and Employment Coach is an exciting position where you can contribute to the overall growth and development of our program that works directly with our client group. You would be interacting and assisting our clients to secure employment.
Specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- One-on-one meetings to conduct initial client assessments; provide them with ongoing support and coaching with their job search process.
- Develop and implement action plans that will best meet our clients’ needs and achieve a successful outcome in the most efficient manner.
- Revisit action plans with clients on an ongoing basis and make any adjustments necessary to ensure client’s success.
- Keep up-to-date on Alberta and Red Deer’s labour market trends and news.
- Participate in networking events within the local community.
- Deliver and/or arrange for seminars and workshops to educate those clients who are searching for the right career path on options available for job opportunities.
- Review clients’ resumes, cover letters and interview tactics and provide feedback.
- Assist clients with job search skills, making contact with prospective employers and completing job applications.
- Answer client questions concerning details about different career paths.
- Administrative duties including follow-up and documentation, case management, month end reports, etc.
What skillset should our Career and Employment Coach have?
Reporting to the Program Manager, the ideal candidate will be naturally organized and work best in a busy environment, juggling several priority tasks. We are looking for someone who can support, lead and help build a collaborative culture. In addition to administration experience and business acumen, the personality and corporate culture fit of the candidate will be critical in the selection. Other desirable attributes include:
- 3+ years of human services experience.
- Experience working in an employment counselling environment is a strong asset.
- Strong computer skills and intermediate to advanced user of MS Office Suite.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to build rapport with a diverse client base and staff team.
- Approachable, comfortable and self-aware when communicating with clients while maintaining a professional approach both in a one-to-one and group setting.
- Knowledge of employment barriers, Alberta and Edmonton labour market conditions, training and education programs as well as community resources required.
- Knowledge of human resources and recruiting techniques with a focus on current interviewing, coaching and job placement techniques.
- Strong data entry skills, proven track record of dealing with a high volume of paperwork.
What do we offer to our Career and Employment Coach in return?
- Competitive hourly rate depending on experience and a comprehensive benefits package.
- A great work life balance and an opportunity to give back and impact your community.
- Fantastic work environment with a laid-back but hard-working team!
- Friendly, professional, and challenging workplace.
Only candidate’s eligible to work in Canada with required experience will be shortlisted and contacted for an in-person interview.