Building Information Modeling
Building Information Modeling (BIM) is transforming the building and construction industry. Increasingly employers are given preferences to applicants who can demonstrate competence in BIM software and advanced AutoCAD skills. As the industry transitions to a BIM focused model of practice, Engineers, Architects, Technologists, and Technicians with gaps in these skill areas may find themselves at a disadvantage when competing for jobs. Our training program can help you develop the competencies that are fast becoming essential to employers in your industry.
Whether you want to refresh your skills, or develop new skills, our 22 week Building Information Modeling (BIM) - A Competency Development Program for Engineering, Architectural and Construction Professionals program will provide training that incorporates hands-on skill development through real world projects using the carious applications of Revit and AutoCAD. The program is designed to upgrade the skills of professionals working in industry sectors that are transforming to BIM processes. Those interested may be civil, mechanical, plumbing, structural engineers and engineering technologists; architects, designers, technologists and drafters, estimators, and related professions in the building and construction industry.
What are the Benefits
Training includes the development of operational and technical skills in AutoCAD, Building Sciences and Revit; skills commonly required by employers in the industry. You will have an opportunity to train with the most recent versions of Revit and AutoCAD. To enhance your learning experience and obtain real world experiences, a 6 week work experience will provide the opportunity to work with professionals in the field to further develop your skills. Once you have completed the technical training we will assist you in preparing for and conducting an effective job search
The components in our training process
- Introduction to BIM
- AutoCAD Fundamentals
- Advanced #D Modeling
- Essentials of Building Sciences
- Revit Architecture
- Revit MEP
- Revit Inventor
- Work Experience
- Workplace Experience
- General Computer Applications
To apply you must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Have trained and/or worked in construction, architecture, engineering, construction operations, drafting and/or design
- Have a Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) of 7
- Be a Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident, or Refugee with a Notice of Decision
- Have credentials relevant to work in the Building and Construction and related industries.
- Have previous knowledge and experience in software drafting applications
- Be prepared to commit to 22 weeks of training including assignments and work experience.
To Get Started